Noushin was working as an audit and accounting manager before she came to the United States in 1994 from her native Iran. When she decided to use her skills to help women and children, she was very happy to discover the mission of Praxis International. While working at Praxis, she is also earning her master’s degree in accounting and financial management.
Although much of her time outside work is taken up with studying, Noushin loves spending time with her family. Her pre-teen daughter gives her a strong, personal reason for working to improve women’s and children’s lives. For herself, Noushin enjoys exercising, especially with groups of women. Water aerobics is her favorite gym activity.
In 1989, Noushin began her accounting career with a CPA firm in Tehran, Iran.
She found her passion in 2002 when she became accounting manager for the nonprofit American Association of University Women in Minneapolis and, at the same time, served as accountant for the Association for the Advancement of Hmong Women in Minnesota.
Committed to working for organizations that benefit women and children, Noushin next joined Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, South Dakota, and North Dakota in 2003. She served as accounting manager and finance manager there from 2003 to 2006.
- Ongoing volunteer with Association for the Advancement of Hmong Women in Minnesota
- Volunteered at American Association of University Women to help with events, fundraising, and member needs
- Volunteered as parent at her daughter’s school
- Managed all aspects of human resources for 300+ employees in a union environment at Grossman Chevrolet
- Commended by president and treasurer of American Association of University Women for strong work ethic and analytical skills
- Commended by president and chief financial officer of Planned Parenthood for strong leadership, initiative, analytical skills, and knowledgeable accounting staff