Praxis International is currently hiring for the following position(s):
Posted October 12, 2021
Job Title: Program & Training Specialist
Closing Date: November 11, 2021 at 5 pm Central Time
Primary Duties: The Praxis Program and Training Specialist works closely with the Program Directors, senior management, and other relevant program staff to plan, coordinate, and implement Praxis programs. This individual serves as a subject matter expert in, contributing to the design and implementation of programs that are designed to advance the work, mission, vision, and values of Praxis. The Program and Training Specialist may have a designated area of program focus but is also available to work across programs. This position reports to the Program Director designated for their program area.Show More
Praxis International is a nonprofit training and capacity-building organization that works to eliminate all forms of gender-based violence through local, statewide, and national social justice initiatives. Praxis promotes social change advocacy at the individual, institutional and community levels by engaging with gender-based violence programs. Praxis’ methods of Institutional Analysis and assessment have been used by communities, territories, and tribes across the country to examine responses to sexual and domestic violence. We center an equity approach in our programs and operations.
It is the mission of Praxis International to join with other progressive social change organizations and programs to work toward the elimination of oppression in our society. Specifically, Praxis operates from the standpoint that an intersectional analysis of how the roots of gender based violence—including racism, classism, sexism, and colonization—allow all forms of violence to continue is necessary to ensure that our advocacy truly meets the needs of all survivors. Praxis seeks to work in ways that takes up the full range of survivor’s experiences, as well as the impact of violence on their communities.
Praxis believes that attracting and retaining a diverse staff is crucial to fulfilling our social justice mission. We strive to provide a supportive and dynamic work environment for advocates and social activists while strengthening connections with all those who want to join us in this essential work.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Assist with implementation of program operations and activities.
- Work with the Program Directors and program staff to continually develop, document, implement and evaluate programs.
- Contributes to the design, development, and growth of program training activities.
- In consultation with Program Directors and relevant program staff, contributes to the design and development of training curricula for remote and in-person training events.
- Assists the Program Directors and relevant program staff, with the development and application of training materials, handouts, participant evaluations and publicity.
- Assists the Training Manager, Program Directors, and other relevant program staff with the logistical implementation of remote and in-person training events.
- Serves as faculty for remote and in-person training activities.
- Contributes to the design, development, and implementation of capacity building, consulting, and technical assistance (TA) with individuals, communities, and groups.
- Assists the Program Directors and relevant program staff, with the design and development of content for remote and on-site consulting/TA.
- Provides relevant remote consulting/TA to individuals, communities and groups via email, phone and video conferencing including facilitating prompt responses to requests.
- Supports program work with the pool of consultants and other individuals that assist with Praxis programming.
- Contributes to the identification, engagement, and training of consultants to provide consulting, technical assistance and/or training.
- Contributes to the design and development of program products, materials, tools, and resources.
- Assists the Program Directors and relevant program staff with the maintenance, development, and growth of program clearinghouse of materials, tools, resources, and products.
- Contribute to building and maintaining relationships with constituents, communities, and partners.
- Works with the Program Directors and relevant program staff to maintain regular contact with national partners, thought leaders, and community leaders as requested.
- Work with all staff and Board to support and implement the vision, mission, and values of Praxis, including promoting a social change approach that centers anti-oppression work and equity while working to end gender-based violence.
The following qualifications in education and experience are key for a successful Program & Training Specialist at Praxis:
- A social justice orientation and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- At least three to five years of experience providing training on issues related to gender-based violence and oppression.
- At least three to five years of experience providing consulting and/or technical assistance with non-profit organizations and community-based groups.
- At least three years of experience with the design and development of materials, tools, and resources to support training and/or capacity building with individuals, organizations and/or community groups about gender-based violence, oppression and/or related issues.
- At least three years of experience conducting advocacy related to gender-based violence.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Dynamic training and presentation abilities.
- Outstanding administrative skills, including the ability to produce and track multiple deliverables with overlapping deadlines in a high-performing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, humor, and compassion.
- At least five years of experience in a nonprofit or related setting; and
- An Associate’s degree in public administration, social work, political science, or a related field
- Any combination of education, experience and measurable performance that demonstrates the capability to successfully perform the duties of this position.
Compensation:This is a full-time, non-exempt position, with excellent benefits including holiday/vacation/sick leave, health/dental/disability insurance, and retirement contributions. Annual salary commensurate with experience, in the range of $60,000 to $68,000.
Location & Hours:
Praxis International operates a primarily remote office, candidates may work from a remote site, but must be willing to and available to travel to St Paul, Minnesota and/or other locations at four-six times a year.
Candidates should email the following as PDF attachments no later than 5 p.m. CT on Thursday November 11, 2021.
- Cover letter
- Resume detailing qualifications and experience
- Three to five business referencesSend to email@example.com. Applicant reviews begin immediately, and the position will close when a qualified candidate has been hired.Survivors, women, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), trans folks, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.No calls or email inquiries.