Praxis International is currently hiring for the following position(s):
Posted February 24, 2022
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Closing Date: This position will stay open until filled
Primary Duties: The Operations Coordinator works with the Finance & Administration Director, Executive Director, and the administrative team to support the operation of Praxis. The Operations Coordinator efficiently organizes, coordinates and/or maintains office systems and procedures to promote smooth operations in support of Praxis’ mission. This position has primary responsibility for the organization’s Human Resources, including overseeing all major functions of recruitment, benefits, onboarding/offboarding, related insurance, and record keeping. The Operations Coordinator also provides general administrative support to Management and staff, regularly serving as liaison to visitors, vendors and community members. This position reports to the Finance and Administration Director.Show More
Praxis International is a nonprofit training and capacity-building organization that works to eliminate all forms of gender-based violence through local, statewide, and national social justice initiatives. Praxis promotes social change advocacy at the individual, institutional and community levels by engaging with gender-based violence programs. Praxis’ methods of Institutional Analysis and assessment have been used by communities, territories, and tribes across the country to examine responses to sexual and domestic violence. We center an equity approach in our programs and operations.
It is the mission of Praxis International to join with other progressive social change organizations and programs to work toward the elimination of oppression in our society. Specifically, Praxis operates from the standpoint that an intersectional analysis of how the roots of gender based violence—including racism, classism, sexism, and colonization—allow all forms of violence to continue is necessary to ensure that our advocacy truly meets the needs of all survivors. Praxis seeks to work in ways that takes up the full range of survivor’s experiences, as well as the impact of violence on their communities.
Praxis believes that attracting and retaining a diverse staff is crucial to fulfilling our social justice mission. We strive to provide a supportive and dynamic work environment for advocates and social activists while strengthening connections with all those who want to join us in this essential work.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Primary responsibility for maintaining and updating office information and operations procedures including; filing systems; managing all routine communication; administrative management of contracts; processing of checks, cash and invoices; maintaining office schedules and assisting with logistics of program events as requested.
- Serves as coordinator of the organization’s Human Resources and employee benefits, including overseeing all major functions of human resources, such as recruitment, benefits, compensation, record keeping, compliance with federal/state requirements, development of policies, and onboarding/offboarding.
- Assists with the negotiation, maintenance, smooth implementation of administrative contracts, agreements and vendors relations.
- Serves as staff liaison with IT services to coordinate physical and software computer needs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of the St Paul site and administrative support of staff working remotely, including maintaining supplies, equipment and other items needed for effective remote operations across the organization.
- Provides general administrative support to the Management Team, including specific executive support of the Finance & Administration Director and Executive Director, logistical support of the Board of Directors as well as assistance with organizational scheduling, correspondence, travel arrangements, and grants administrative management.
- Works with all staff and Board to support and implement the vision, mission and values of Praxis.
a.) Works cooperatively with Praxis staff, Board, consultants and constituents.
b.) Participates in regular meetings with other staff.
c.) Promotes and addresses accessibility in programming and operations.
d.) Fosters a social change approach that centers anti-oppression and equity while working to
end gender-based violence.
- An Associate’s degree in administration, Human Resources, business or related field; and
- At least three years of experience in administrative support, preferably in a non-profit setting; and
- At least three years of experience in Human Resources;OR
- Any combination of education, experience and measurable performance that demonstrates the capability to successfully perform the duties of this position.
Compensation:This is a full-time, exempt position, with excellent benefits including holiday/vacation/sick leave, health/dental/disability insurance, and retirement contributions. Annual salary commensurate with experience, in the range of $52,000 to $55,000.
Location & Hours:
Praxis International operates a primarily remote office but this position is based in St. Paul, Minnesota. Candidates may work from a remote site in the Twin Cities area, but must be able to run errands and work from the St Paul office at least weekly.
Candidates should email the following as PDF attachments
- Cover letter
- Resume detailing qualifications and experience
- Three to five business references
Send to email@example.com. Applicant reviews begin immediately, and the position will close when a qualified candidate has been hired.Survivors, women, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), trans folks, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.No calls or email inquiries.