The innovative Advocacy Learning Center course gives advocates, advocacy program managers and coalition staff a rare chance to come together for self-reflection, inspiration and an opportunity to re-think approaches to individual, institutional and community advocacy. Thank you for considering joining us!
Application for the next ALC class is closed, but please consider applying in the future!
Your program is eligible to apply if you are a community-based advocacy organization, a tribal advocacy program, a campus program, or a transitional housing organization, providing direct advocacy to women/survivors and funded by the federal Office on Violence Against Women. We also welcome the participation of OVW-funded tribal, state, territory and national coalitions and groups that play a critical role in supporting advocacy programs to end gender-based violence. Limited space is available for non-OVW funded programs.
Additional eligibility criteria:
Your program has the capacity to complete the following 14-month course requirements*:
- Introductory webinar
- Virtual Intensive training on individual advocacy
- Virtual Intensive training on institutional advocacy
- Virtual Intensive training on community advocacy
- Weekly meetings and webinar sessions
- Online independent study course and required reading
- Virtual site visit to an innovative program working for social change/social justice
- Graduation webinar to celebrate the completion of your coursework
- Your program and team members are committed to reflecting on and strengthening how you and your organization does advocacy
- Your proposed team includes a frontline advocate/crisis counselor and a manager/executive director.
For more detail, see What is Required
*Schedule is subject to change per availability of federal funds
You can find a Word version of the application here: ALC Application Class T – For Preparation Only. Use this document to preview questions, and/or to cut and paste your response to the online application.
We anticipate notifying applicants of their selection status by the end of March 2021. Email email@example.com with questions.
Extended Placement Applicants:
For those organizations/programs that have previously been involved in the ALC.
We value making the Advocacy Learning Center accessible to all participants and will strive to ensure that our training events and other course components are as accessible as possible. If you have any accommodation requests that would assist you in completing this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Informational Webinar: