Praxis International is hiring for the following position(s):
Posted June 13, 2018
Praxis is seeking a senior manager for our Advocacy Learning Center and Rural programs
Job Title: Program Director
Closing Date: July 2, 2018
The Program Director serves as a subject matter expert and senior manager responsible for the overall success of multiple Praxis programs. The Program Director administers all aspects of the Advocacy Learning Center and Rural programs via seamless team management; innovative program development, implementation, evaluation, growth and sound fiscal management. The Program Director works closely with the Executive Director and other senior managers to provide leadership and promote the organization’s accomplishment of strategic objectives to advance our mission and vision. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Praxis International is a nonprofit training and technical assistance organization that works to eliminate violence in the lives of women and children through local, statewide and national social justice initiatives. Praxis centers an equity approach in its programs and operations. Praxis’ methods of institutional analysis and community assessment have been used by communities, territories and tribes across the country to examine responses to sexual and domestic violence. These methods have been used to improve institutional responses by the criminal and civil legal systems, advocacy programs, supervised visitation centers, and child welfare. Praxis promotes social change advocacy at the individual, institutional and community levels by engaging with gender-based violence programs and communities. Praxis works every day to eliminate all forms of oppression in society. We strive to provide a supportive and dynamic work environment for social activists while strengthening connections with all those who want to join us in this essential work. Read about our programs at www.praxisinternational.org
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage Advocacy Learning Center and Rural program operations, budget and staff.
- Oversee and supervise the work of a staff team to implement, document, and evaluate technical assistance and training program work.
- Ensure that all program commitments are successfully met, including adherence to any funder requirements and deliverables.
- Work with the Executive Director and Finance/Administration Director to manage the program budget by monitoring expenses and assisting with fund development.
2. Manage the development, implementation, evaluation and growth of training and technical assistance activities of the ALC and Rural programs.
- Oversee and coordinate all programmatic and logistical aspects of the implementation of remote and in-person training events.
- Oversee and coordinate responsive remote and on-site TA to individuals, communities and groups by program staff and consultants.
3. Establish, maintain and expand a pool of faculty and consultants to assist with Praxis programming.
- Oversee and coordinate the engagement and training of consultants to provide quality technical assistance and training.
4. Manage the development, evaluation and implementation of program products, materials, tools and resources.
5. Work with the Executive Director and other senior managers to provide leadership to the organization including cultivating and maintaining relationships with constituents, communities and funders.
6. Work with all staff and Board to support and implement the vision, mission and values of Praxis, including promoting a social change approach that centers anti-oppression work and equity while working to end gender-based violence.
The following qualifications in education and experience are key for a successful Program Director at Praxis:
- A social justice orientation and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- Experience managing a program team using an anti-oppressive, pro-equity, collaborative approach
- Strong interpersonal skills, humor and compassion
- Outstanding administrative skills, including the ability to produce, track and manage multiple deliverables with overlapping deadlines in a high-performing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Dynamic training and presentation abilities
Education requires one of the following:
- At least eight years of experience in a nonprofit or related setting with at least five years of experience supervising staff and leading programs; and
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, social work, political science or a related field OR
- Any combination of education, experience and measurable performance that demonstrates the capability to successfully perform the duties of this position.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, with benefits including holiday/vacation/sick leave, health/dental/disability insurance, and retirement contributions, annual salary commensurate with experience.
Preference for working out of the Praxis International St Paul, MN office.
Candidates should email the following as PDF attachments no later than 5 p.m. CST on July 2, 2018.
1. Cover letter
2. Resume detailing qualifications and experience
3. Three to five business references
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant reviews begin immediately, and the position will close on July 2, 2018. No phone calls or email inquiries, please.