Praxis offers fee-based consulting services if the level of support needed exceeds that of our OVW technical assistance project.
Praxis staff and consultants have been in the forefront of community organizing to end violence against women for over 30 years. They were among the first to design and implement coordinated community response and education groups for batterers. They have organized advocacy services, shelters, visitation centers, and public education campaigns. They have trained thousands of advocates, law enforcement officers, prosecutors, judges, in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Western and Eastern Europe. This experience is available to communities conducting institutional analysis, community assessment, best practice assessment or a Praxis Safety and Accountability Audit. Rather than conduct an audit for communities, we support a process where you and your community partners examine your own systems, develop your own analysis, and arrive at your own recommendations. Once learned, the same process can then be applied to other agency interventions—both within and outside the area of domestic violence.
Praxis provides a variety of consulting services:
- Assistance to local coordinators: determining the scope of the audit, preliminary mapping, scheduling observations and interviews, selecting text to review, developing an overall plan and timetable, and other strategic planning activities
- Training the team: overview of institutional anaylsis methods, analyzing text, demonstration interviews and observations, using focus groups, data analysis, developing findings and recommendations, and planning implementation process
- Text analysis: selection, coding, analysis, and reporting
- On-site or long-distance support: collecting and analyzing data with your team; facilitating group sessions on findings, recommendations, and implementation; and assisting the team in presenting findings to policy makers
- Post-audit support: drafting a report and implementation strategies, customizing services to the needs of the community and the scope of the proposed Audit
For more information about our consulting activities and fees, please contact Maren Woods, Program Manager, at 651-699-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org