The innovative 18-month Advocacy Learning Center course gives advocates, advocacy program managers and coalition staff a rare chance to come together for self-reflection, inspiration and an opportunity to re-think approaches to individual, institutional and community advocacy.
Your program is eligible to apply if you are a community-based advocacy organization, a tribal advocacy program, a campus program, or a transitional housing organization, providing direct advocacy to women/survivors and funded by the federal Office on Violence Against Women. We also welcome the participation of OVW-funded tribal, state, territory and national coalitions and groups that play a critical role in supporting advocacy programs to end violence against women. Limited space is available for non-OVW funded programs.
Additional eligibility criteria:
- Your program has the capacity to complete the following 18-month course requirements:
- 10 days of intensive in-person training
- Monthly support and critical thinking webinar sessions
- Quarterly keynote lectures from thinkers, practitioners, researchers, writers and activists
- Independent study course
- 1 virtual site visit to an innovative program working for social change/social justice
- Your program and team members are committed to reflecting on and strengthening how you and your organization does advocacy.
- Your proposed team includes a frontline advocate/crisis counselor and a manager/executive director.
Extended Placement Applicants:
For those organizations/programs that have previously or are currently* involved in the ALC there is a separate section near the end of the application that you are also required to complete.
*Current applicants must graduate the ALC before February 1, 2018 to be eligible to apply for Class Q and R.
We value making the Advocacy Learning Center accessible to all participants and will strive to ensure that our training events and other course components are as accessible as possible. If you have any other accommodation request that would assist you in completing this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Informational Webinar*:
Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 2 – 3 PM Central. Join us for more details on how to apply, and to ask questions. Registration required.
*Participation in the informational session is not required for application to the ALC. A recording of the webinar session will be posted here after the event.
The accessible, on-line application is found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ALCAppQR
ALC Application Instructions (with event dates specific to Class Q and Class R)
Application is due by Monday, March 19, 2018 by 5:00 PM Central time.
We anticipate notifying applicants of their selection status by the end of April 2018. Email email@example.com with questions.