The innovative 18-month Advocacy Learning Center course gives advocates, advocacy program managers and coalition staff a rare chance to come together for self-reflection, inspiration and an opportunity to re-think approaches to individual, institutional and community advocacy. Thank you for considering joining us!
Application to Class S is closed. We anticipate notifying applicants the end of April
Your program is eligible to apply if you are a community-based advocacy organization, a tribal advocacy program, a campus program, or a transitional housing organization, providing direct advocacy to women/survivors and funded by the federal Office on Violence Against Women. We also welcome the participation of OVW-funded tribal, state, territory and national coalitions and groups that play a critical role in supporting advocacy programs to end violence against women. Limited space is available for non-OVW funded programs.
Additional eligibility criteria:
- Your program has the capacity to complete the following 18-month course requirements:
- Introductory webinar/audio conference sessions
- 10 days of intensive in-person training
- A four-day in-person advocacy immersion event
- A three-day in-person institute
- A three-day in-person training
- Monthly support and critical thinking webinar sessions
- Quarterly keynote lectures from thinkers, practitioners, researchers, writers and activists
- Independent study course
- 1 virtual site visit to an innovative program working for social change/social justice
- A graduation webinar to celebrate the completion of your coursework,
- Your program and team members are committed to reflecting on and strengthening how you and your organization does advocacy.
- Your proposed team includes a frontline advocate/crisis counselor and a manager/executive director.
For more detail, see What is Required
APPLICATION IS CLOSED
We anticipate notifying applicants of their selection status by the end of April 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Extended Placement Applicants:
For those organizations/programs that have previously involved in the ALC.
We value making the Advocacy Learning Center accessible to all participants and will strive to ensure that our training events and other course components are as accessible as possible. If you have any other accommodation request that would assist you in completing this application, please contact email@example.com.
Application Informational Webinar: